TeamExpand Announces Release of TX Chrono 1.4.0, TFS Timesheet /04/29/2010/
April 29, 2010 – Chicopee, MA – TeamExpand, a developer of products complimentary to Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS), today announced the 1.4.0 version of its TX Chrono, a timesheet tracking application targeted at software development organizations standardizing on the Visual Studio .NET environment. In addition to a number of bug fixes and improved performance, TX Chrono can now work with MS Team Foundation Server 2010 across all project collections.
TX Chrono features:
- The supported versions of Team Foundation Server now include TFS 2008 and TFS 2010. If you select the 2010 version, you will also be able to select any set of existing project collections on your TFS Server.
- Now you do not need to refresh the whole timesheet page if you want to see updates in any of the projects. You can now also choose to only refresh data related to a particular project.
- Overall timesheet performance has been improved by increasing the speed at which work items are received from Team Foundation Server. TX Chrono now saves information about the date ranges for which a work item is visible in the timesheet, thus saving time formerly spent retrieving and calculating this data.
- The ability to enter .5, .25, or .75 instead of 0.5, 0.25, and 0.75 in a timesheet or timetable is now available.
- Records with “0” hours are not presented in the .CSV file if the “Hide empty tasks” option is checked.
- The problem with project reports has been fixed: now a user can successfully change the order of the fields that should be present in the report.
- There is now an export API for integration with third-party applications: an HTTP handler that returns data for the defined date range.
- Web-based TFS timesheet submission
- Bi-directional synchronization of the reported time between TX Chrono and TFS
- Submitted time approval according to project roles
- Pre-build and advanced reporting with export to MS Word, MS Excel, and .CSV
- General and individual employee working schedule management
- Export API for integration with third-party applications
Related Web demos
The TX Chrono license is priced at $15, per seat, per month. A 30-day fully functional free trial version of TX Chrono is available at
About Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Team Foundation Server (TFS) is a set of development tools for source control, data collection, reporting, and project tracking, designed for collaborative software development projects. It is available either as a stand-alone software package or as the server side back-end platform for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS). For more information: msdn.microsoft.com/teamsystem.
TeamExpand develops products complimentary to Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and provides specialized application life-cycle management (ALM) services to software organizations standardizing on Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft .NET. TeamExpand services include VSTS customization, automation, process guidance, support, training, and consulting. Headquartered in Western Massachusetts, TeamExpand operates a development center in Minsk, Belarus. For more information on TeamExpand, please visit www.teamexpand.com.
All News & Press