TeamExpand Announces Release of TX Chrono 1.5.0, TFS Timesheet /02/08/2011/
Chicopee, MA – TeamExpand, a developer of products complimentary to Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS), today announced the 1.5.0 version of its TX Chrono, a timesheet tracking application targeted at software development organizations that standardize on the Visual Studio .NET environment.
In addition to a number of bug fixes, the new release features e-mail alerts to ensure timely submission, an ability to activate the work item after it is already in progress, more security options, an ability to monitor users who no longer participate in the project, an improved search by user lists, and much more.
- Now you can report time for the work item even if you forgot to set its state to Active. The item can be activated on the new Expand Timesheets page, while the execution period can be prolonged and made available for reporting.
- Time approval e-mail notifications were added. There are two types of notifications: a) when a timesheet has been sent for approve; b) when time or its status has changed.
- Secure hash and encryption algorithms were changed to newer, more protected ones to defend your data from unauthorized access.
- You can now easily find the required information, whether it is a cell or a value, by highlighting the selected row on all pages.
- The new confirmation dialog will prevent users from leaving the page without saving changes made in the timesheet.
- Now you can see whether the time report sent for approval was actually approved. We added a number of statuses that mark the condition of approval for entire projects or for separate work items.
- Starting from this release, you can work with the timesheets of users who are no longer members of the project. This enables creating lists of project members for a certain period of time—to monitor and confirm their activities.
- Furthermore, you can install TX Chrono much easier now, as the application allows for running separate installation files for each of the supported versions of Team Foundation Server.
- Users can now approve timesheets as soon as they notice the timesheets waiting for approval with Confirm Button that replaced Unlock Button on the Review Timesheet Page.
- A new interface to unlock work items was introduced to enable users to manage separate items instead of opening the entire timesheet. This prevents from unlocking time reported on entire projects.
- The system now stores changes made to user location, so that this would not affect the reported time displayed on the Review Timesheets page.
- The unlock option was disabled for those users whose current time cannot be confirmed at the moment.
- Instead of viewing all the members that were ever added to the project, now you can select the certain time period for this project.
The detailed information about all improvements and changes in the TX Chrono 1.5.0 release can be found here .
TX Chrono features:
- Web-based TFS timesheet submission
- Bi-directional synchronization of the reported time between TX Chrono and TFS
- Submitted time approval according to project roles
- Pre-build and advanced reporting with export to MS Word, MS Excel, and .CSV
- General and individual employee working schedule management
- Export API for integration with third-party applications
A 30-day fully functional free trial version of TX Chrono is available at
Related Web demos:
About Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
All News & Press
Team Foundation Server (TFS) is a set of development tools for source control, data collection, reporting, and project tracking, designed for collaborative software development projects. It is available either as a stand-alone software package or as the server side back-end platform for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS). For more information: msdn.microsoft.com/teamsystem.
TeamExpand develops products complimentary to Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and provides specialized application life-cycle management (ALM) services to software organizations standardizing on Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft .NET. TeamExpand services include VSTS customization, automation, process guidance, support, training, and consulting. Headquartered in Western Massachusetts, TeamExpand operates a development center in Minsk, Belarus. For more information on TeamExpand, please visit www.teamexpand.com.